Your Source for Hardwood Flooring in Edmonton
Hardwood flooring is one of the best long-term investments for your home.
It is environmentally friendly, forever fashionable, can be re-finished instead of replaced and last for generations.
Hardwood flooring is available in solid wood or engineered. Solid is exactly as it sounds, a solid plank of hardwood milled into a piece of flooring, using a tongue and groove on the edges and ends for installation.
Engineered flooring is typically made from seven to ten layers of thin veneers or sheets. These are glued together to form a type of plywood, then finished with a solid hardwood wear layer.
Care and Maintenance
- Care and maintenance of hardwood flooring is easy; often just a matter of common sense. Follow these simple guidelines and your floors will last a lifetime, providing the warmth and feel only real hardwood can offer.
- Water is a hardwood floor's worst enemy. Clean up spills immediately. Do not use a damp mop or oil-based soap. Always check with the flooring manufacturer for recommended cleaning products.
- Sweep hardwood floors regularly. Dirt and dust can grind into the finish. Consider doormats at every entrance, and rugs in high traffic areas.
- Sunlight can be harmful and can drastically change the color of the wood. Consider sheer drapes, curtains or blinds to limit direct sunlight.
- Shoes can also cause damage. High heels can dent. Small stones can scratch. Consider leaving shoes and the grit of the outside world at the door.
Enjoy a free consultation with one of our qualified and experienced designers who will help you to choose the right hardwood flooring that will to look beautiful and function exceptionally well in your space.